Sorsogon Governor Chiz Escudero on Tuesday issued Executive Order No. 29-2021 effecting vaccination of young people age 12 and above.
Executive Order 29-2021, “ORDERING THE CITY AND MUNICIPAL MAYORS IN THE PROVINCE OF SORSOGON TO RAMP-UP VACCINATION ACTIVITIES, PROVIDING INCENTIVES THEREOF AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES”.
Here are some of the highlights of EO 29-2021:
Section 1- Vaccine Eligibility
Young people aged 12 and over can now get vaccinated.
Section 8- Incentivizing Vaccination Activities
LGUs are required to implement incentive programs for vaccination activities against COVID-19 to encourage residents to get vaccinated.
Some examples of incentive programs that can be implemented.
1. Provision of food, goods and basic necessities for vaccinators.
2. Conducting raffle promos similar to Vaccine Wins from DOH Circular 2021-0415 or other activities that will encourage vaccinators.
3. Granting special privileges to vaccinated individuals
4. Encouraging establishments to provide discounts for vaccinated individuals or special lanes for vaccinated individuals.
5. Giving extension to hills only vaccinated can attend.
6. Implementation of less restrictive protocols for fully vaccinated individuals but still adhere to minimum public health standards or IATF guidelines.
Section 9- No Test Result Requirement for Fully Vaccinated Tourist
Fully vaccinated and asymptomatic tourists no longer have to show a negative test result upon entering Sorsogon province.
Only need to present his vaccination certificate and proof of confirmed reservation from the tourist establishment to be visited.
Certification from VaxCertPH can only be accepted from local tourists and vaccination card or certificate from foreign tourists.
Section 10- For Returning Residents
Returning residents do not need to undergo quarantine or RT-PCR testing IF the returning household is fully vaccinated.
Section 11- Incentive from the Provincial Government
The Sorsogon Provincial Government will provide an incentive to the top 20 barangays that will have the highest vaccination rate based on their population. The incentives received are worth one million pesos.
Sorsogon Governor Hamor chairs Bicol Peace and Order Council
651 aftershocks following 6.0-magnitude earthquake in Masbate – Phivolcs
Cessna plane went missing after took off from Bicol International Airport