Equity of the Persecuted: Bicol University’s mock election shows “repressed” candidates shining
The Bicol Universitarian’s Mock Elections in Albay Province was officially released on Tuesday afternoon, February 1.
“Persecuted” national candidates had gotten the most number of votes over Duterte Administration -endorsed candidates.
The Leni-Kiko team got the sizeable number of votes.
Even left-wing Neri Colmenares, left of center Chel Diokno, right- wing Antonio Trillianes IV, and centrist Leila De Lila shared very high votes as compared to Duterte backed candidates.
Bicol University (BU) said “casting your vote is a celebration of freedom and democratic process.”
“The result of the mock elections sparingly mirrored our political stand as an academic community,” BU said.
“These leaders whom the BU community has chosen are the individuals they count their vote on and the future of our nation,” BU said, explaining the mock election.
Students’ political psyche may change in the coming months prior to the elections, but they have shared their tentative voting decisions for now, BUT explained.
The results of the #BotongBueño2022 Mock Elections are as follows:
- ROBREDO, LENI (IND) — 2253 votes
- MARCOS, BONGBONG (PFP) — 117 votes
- DOMAGOSO, ISKO MORENO (AKSYON) — 31 votes
- LACSON, PING (PDR) — 15 votes
- PACQUIAO, MANNY PACMAN (PROMDI) — 9 votes
- DE GUZMAN, LEODY (PLM) — 8 votes
- ABELLA, ERNIE (IND) — 0 votes
- ANDES, HILARIO (IND) — 0 votes
- ARCEGA, GERALD (IND) — 0 votes
- GONZALES, NORBERTO (PDSP) — 0 votes
- LIHAYLIHAY, DANILO (IND) — 0 votes
- MANGONDATO, FAISAL (KTPNAN) — 0 votes
- MARCOS, MARIA AURORA (IND) —0 votes
- MONTEMAYOR, JOSE JR. (DPP) — 0 votes
- NIEZ, EDGAR (IND) — 0 votes
TOTAL NUMBER OF VOTES: 2477
NUMBER OF ABSTAINEES: 44
- PANGILINAN, KIKO (LP) — 1807 votes
- ONG, DOC WILLIE (AKSYON) — 177 votes
- SOTTO, VICENTE TITO (NPC) — 159 votes
- DUTERTE, SARA (LAKAS) — 138 votes
- ATIENZA, LITO (PROMDI) — 10 votes
- BELLO, WALDO (PLM) — 10 votes
- DAVID, RIZALITO (DPP) — 0 votes
- LOPEZ, MANNY SD (WPP) — 0 votes
- SERAPIO, CARLOS (KTPNAN) — 0 votes
TOTAL NUMBER OF VOTES: 2477
NUMBER OF ABSTAINEES: 176
- DIOKNO, CHEL (KANP) — 2116 votes
- HONTIVEROS, RISA (AKBAYAN) — 1921 votes
- ESCUDERO, CHIZ (NPC) — 1827 votes
- DE LIMA, LEILA (LP) — 1482 votes
- TRILLANES, ANTONIO IV (LP) — 1297 votes
- COLMENARES, NERI (MKBYN) — 1275 votes
- VILLANUEVA, JOEL (IND) — 876 votes
- ZUBIRI, MIGZ (IND) — 850 votes
- GATCHALIAN, WIN (NPC) — 838 votes
- CAYETANO, ALAN PETER (IND) — 712 votes
- GORDON, WOW DICK (BVNP) — 683 votes
- LEGARDA, LOREN (NPC) — 669 votes
- BAGUILAT, TEDDY (LP) — 626 votes
- GUTOC, SAMIRA (AKSYON) — 600 votes
- BINAY, JOJO (UNA) — 488 votes
As each candidate continues to present their plans and platforms for the future of our nationhood, may sound judgement and the pillars of the academe enlighten your decision in the upcoming May 2022 elections.
Thank you for participating, BU said.
“May Filipino voters practice their right to vote because every ballot is a lifeline for our republic.”