Fire broke out on Wednesday morning inside the passenger sea vessel, M/V Cooperative, but the fire was put under control by firefighters 2 hours after.
The fire started from a stove being used in cooking by a crew helper.
No one was hurt in the incident.
According to Bulan MDRRMO Antonio Gilana, M/V Cooperative travels the route of San Jacinto Masbate-Bulan Sorsogon, and vice versa.
Initial investigation revealed the fire started near the cooking area and where some cargo, including gasoline and other combustible material are loaded.
Due to the fire outbreak, passengers, who were waiting to board, were stranded.
Sorsogon Electric Coop services not deserving by members consumers
Journalist sworn-in as new director of Sorsogon electric coop
Public cautioned against illegal tourist promoters in Sorsogon