About the photo contest
• The title of the contest is “An Gubat na Aram Ko”. This is a digital photography competition highlighting nature, tourist destinations, events, objects, and/or everyday life in Gubat. The submitted photographs will be exhibited, both online and offline venues that the circumstance may allow (i.e. exhibition at the Gubat Heritage Center, display at the municipal hall), as well as form part of publications including a digital coffee table book.
Duration of competition
• The contest will run from 6 May – 6 June 2022.
Joining the contest
• The contest is open to all Gubatnons aged 18 years old and above. Employees of the Municipality of Gubat are not eligible to join the contest.
Categories of the competition
• There are two categories in the competition: (1) Colored; (2) Black and white.
Allowed photographs for submission
• Photos should be taken in Gubat, Sorsogon. The subject of the photos may cover any of the following:
- nature, tourist spots
- culture and heritage
- everyday life, events
• Entry must be the entrant’s original work.
• Any photograph that has been taken by a digital camera, smartphone or similar devices may be submitted. The photograph must be a single shot photograph. This means that the photograph should not have been manipulated by adding any other element from any other photograph. The photograph may be enhanced through changes in saturation, brightness, contrast, sharpness and the like.
• Entries that have received awards in any other photo contests and/or commercially published whether for news, advertising, or otherwise are not allowed.
Submission of photographs
• The photographs must be submitted to email@example.com with the subject line An Gubat Na Aram Ko Digital Photo Contest together with the following information:
- Entrant’s complete name
- Contact details
- Title of the photograph
- The kind of equipment used to take the photograph
- Short description of the photograph
• There is absolutely NO FEE to join the competition.
• The entrant can only submit one entry per category.
• The entries to the competition should have been taken from 2019 – 2022.
Format of photographs
• Photographs shall be in JPEG (.jpeg, .jpg) or PNG (.png) format. Images must not exceed 4MB per file and a minimum of 1000 pixels wide.
Prizes of the competition
• Each category will have the following winners and cash prize:
-1st Prize: PhP 5,000
-2nd Prize: PhP 3,000
-3rd Prize: PhP 2,000
-People’s Choice: PhP 2,000
Ownership of photographs after submission
• The copyright and all other rights remain with the photographer. By joining the competition, the entrant allows the Municipal Tourism and Cultural Affairs Office (MTCAO) the non-exclusive use of the photographs for purposes of online or offline exhibition, promotion, and as part of any publication. The right of the MTCAO to use the photographs for promotion and exhibition may be assigned.
For questions and other inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, PM Gubatourismo FB page, or call 09636954646/ 09778146741.